MINUTES OF MEETING 21ST MARCH 2013
Feedback from the comments of Last year’s PRG meeting provided.
Apologies – Stephen Anstey, Carol Stedman, Kathleen Butler, Doreen Housden.
Present – Lynesy Patten, Carl and Di Andersson, Elizabeth Massie, Cllr. W Rose, Toni Wyatt, Michelle Cain, Janice Cole.
Virtual Group – S Auchoybar
• Feedback from the comments of Last year’s PRG meeting provided.
New Telephone System incorporating Automated Assistance
Extra Telephone Lines Installed
Extra Receptionist has been put in place to help with the influx of calls during the busy morning hours.
2 new nurses appointed as well as extra locum session creating on average 35 extra appointments per day but this does not include Emergency appointments at the end of the morning clinics.
• The results of this year’s survey were very briefly discussed as this was gone into more detail at the time of completion.
• Newsletter this was regarded as a good idea to enable the surgery to interact with the community. This could be done either via email, the Douglas Grove Website or Leaflet drops. Cllr William Rose very kindly suggested that we may like to include a section in the Witham Voice which is produced by the Witham Town Council. I have been informed that the Town Council would be more than happy for us to be included in their quarterly publication… Thank you very very much, thinking caps on!!!
• Music in the waiting rooms – this again was regarded as a good idea, however care and thought has to be put in for the patients who suffer with hard of hearing or other conditions that may make an impact on them when trying to listen for the doctor / nurse calling out their names over the intercom. On a positive note it could be deemed as a calming effect whilst waiting to be seen. I shall be contacting the telephone provider to see if the radio can be linked into the telephone intercom so that the radio cuts out when the clinician / nurse calls the patient name.
• Foodbank – to work in conjunction with other services to help identify patients who could be deemed in crisis. I contacted Braintree who are opening a new Foodbank in April 2013, I am still waiting for a response from them, and it would be interesting to see if they are able to work with surgeries and our outside agencies. If this was to take place we could offer either periodically or more often a food bin which patients can drop off non-perishable food to give to the Braintree Centre.
• Name Badges For Staff Members – Good idea as it will help patients identify who they are dealing with when coming in to the surgery, felt it would make staff members more approachable.
• Staff identifying themselves on the phone, when taking a call – not deemed as a good idea, felt it would create problems rather than solve.
• Wednesday Opening – There is the possibility of an additional clinic being put on in the afternoon, this was seen as a positive step if we are looking to expand in numbers and doctors ….. Watch this space!!
• AOB – The group was informed of the generosity of our patients who have enabled us to purchase a DiFib, 24hr BP monitor and Spirometer Machine… We will be expressing our thanks on the website but without posting patients names.
Cllr Rose expressed a concern with regards to the booking of hospital transport for surgery patients - I have emailed his colleague directly with our protocol of patient booking transport.
27th March 2013
MINUTES OF MEETING 21ST MARCH 2012
The results of the survey were discussed and comments were that we had done very well getting over 30% completed surveys back and that the analysis of results showed the confidence that our patients have in the surgery.
The following suggestions were made :
Comments/Suggestion box for reception
Coffee morning to help the PRG increase in numbers
Telephone system – call waiting
Emergency appointments – revamp?
29th March 2012
Patient Participation Group
The PPG meeting -
Douglas Grove have 15 members so far in the PPG. With ages ranging from 25 - 84.
Obviously some of our members could not attend the meeting due to work committments.
Those that could not attend were emailed the results of the survey and asked for their comments - the remaining representatives of The Patient Participation Group met this afternoon to discuss the results of the ‘Patient Survey’
The results of the Survey are now published on the website and copies are available from reception.
The main topics covered were the new appointment system for emergency appointments and a call waiting service on the appointment line. The minutes of the meeting have also be published on our website.
Watch this space!!!!
The next PPG meeting will be held in the summer of 2012.
If you would like to be involved contact Michelle Cain or Toni Wyatt at Douglas Grove.
21st March 2012
DOUGLAS GROVE PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
Patient Participation Group to be set up -
Douglas Grove needs you !!
The Surgery is putting together a new Patient Participation Group. The Group will help us move forward in challenging changing times. It will encourage patients to give their views through Surveys and Meetings about how the Practice is doing. We would like to ask the opinions of as many patients as possible.
If you would like to be involved in the occassional survey please contact Michelle - Practice Manager by email or telephone
13th June 2011
Our successful Opening Day - 29 Sept 2010
Douglas Grove's Official Opening
See the staff at our Grand opening
4th October 2010
Our new building
Our new building is now totally up and running. We will be having a launch on the 29th September 2010 to promote the building and services to local dignitaries and press. We hope to be able to now offer more services from the premises which will promote the practice and benefit the local community and patients. We welcome new patients and hope then to be able to recruit another doctor and nurse.
11th August 2010
We will from time-to-time post important up to date information in the latest news section. It is advisable for you to regularly pop into this page of the website to keep yourself up to date with the latest information. For example, when the flu session will be starting and changes to practice policies.
11th August 2010
Get in touch
01376 51 28 27
fax: 01376 502463
Douglas Grove, Witham, Essex CM8 1TE